And the weight-loss program, it doth begin.
Video shall follow. If I can figure out how to post it.
Anyway. I bought a couple of tops and some knee-high socks, which I love to wear in the winter with the skirts I so often have to don in these parts. As I was putting the clothes away, I noticed a label on one of the shirts. I first attempted to read the French side (why is it that no matter what I pick up, whether it's a can of bean sprouts or a toy for Cate, the French side is ALWAYS face up. Irritating.). Flipping the tag over, I expected to see care instructions or some comment about the quality of the garment. Which was exactly what I read, although not quite in the way I expected:
"This sweater has been knitted with great care wich givesit a very soft handfeel., and easy to wear
A charateristic of fashion made by CYC.
Before wearing you must steamit. The steam will add to its beauty.
To maintanits original shape, please respect the particular care instructions"
No, those aren't typos. At least not typos made by me. I checked the inside tag, and sure enough, "Made in China". Why am I not surprised. I think "CYC" needs a new translator.
A Meme About Me, by Cate
All About Cate...
3 Things That Scare Me
When mommy yells unexpectedly (maybe because I bit her? c'mon, mom, toughen up!)
Being thrown up in the air
3 People That Make Me Laugh
3 Things I Love
3 Things I Hate
When mmmy doesn’t share her food
Laying down to get my diaper changed
When mommy doesn't get my food ready fast enough
3 Things I Don’t Understand
How to get cheerios to my mouth
How to get up after I've flipped onto my belly
Why mommy doesn't let me have paper
3 Things I Like to Play With
Mommy's plastic tape measure
3 Things I’m Doing Right Now
Sucking on my soother
Dreaming of food
3 Things I Can Do
Make mommy laugh
Scare mommy and daddy by screaming in the middle of the night
3 Ways to Describe My Personality
Impatient (that food thing, again)
3 Things I Can’t Do
Roll over (hmm. i'm pretty immobile. i'd better work on that)
3 Things I Think You Should Listen To
Music. I love music!
Mommy, if she is talking about food
Grandma USA on the phone
3 Things I Think You Should Never Listen To
The word "no"
The word "no"
The word "no"
3 Absolute Favorite Foods
All kinds of fruit, even prunes!
3 Things I’d Like to Learn
How to say "no" back to mommy
How to sit up on my own
How to give mommy kisses
3 Beverages I Drink Regularly
That's all! Mommy doesn't let me have juice.
3 Shows I Watched as a Kid
We don't have a TV, but I love to watch my mom on the computer. She says someday I can have my own.
Time for Pictures: 7 Months
Grins are the order of the day, every day.
Cate always looks so cute in hats. This is one her cousins have loaned her. Not quite hat wearing season yet, but I couldn't resist.
Hard to believe it's the same baby, isn't it? I think Cate was 10 days old here. Time has certainly flown. And yes, those are Mr. Potato Head glasses. We like to play dress-up with our baby. So what?
1. Cate is not a wee baby anymore. Well, she hasn't been for a while, but with the whole sitting up thing, and getting two teeth thing, and actually enjoying being on her belly for longer than 2 seconds, it's becoming rapidly apparent to me that she is GROWING. Every time I see those two teeth I think, "STOP GROWING ALREADY!" This goes way too fast, and we're only in month 7.
2. So even though she won't stop growing, she's a joy and a delight and we couldn't love her more. A more content baby would be hard to find. And this child is a social butterfly--"Mom, you're kind of boring. Give me more people!"
3. Teeth. Yikes. They sort of snuck up on us, since there was no "moment" when she was screaming her head off or anything to mark the occasion. One arrived at Grandma USA's house, the other a week later. So far she's only bitten me 4 times, but three of those four times have been in the last couple of days. Not good. Can't wait till the top ones come in.
4. Cate's had a red, bumpy rash on her cheeks for lo these four months. I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of it, or at least ease it (vaseline, hydrocortisone, bum butt'r, triple antibiotic...), but nothing worked. I even got a prescription for cortisone (to be used sparingly, b/c it can thin the skin), went to the naturopath and got some pills for her to take to balance out the acidity of her drool...nothing. And then? After the second tooth came in? GONE. Within a week, her cheeks were almost like new again. The relief I felt was immeasurable. AND THEN??!! It came back. She is apparently teething again and that is what is causing it. Now I know what it is, and we can handle it until she gets more teeth.
5. Umm, oh, I'd better get going here. I've got more, but it'll have to wait. I've got par-tays to go to, I tell you...people to see, places to go, things to do...ciao for now.
joie de vivre
Since I have little time for reading these days, here's a photo of (who else?) my daughter that epitomizes, for me, the joy of living. Cate doesn't know much about sadness quite yet (except for that time when I left her in her daddy's care for 3 hours and she screamed the whole time. but perhaps that was more "mad" than "sad"?). Every single day I thank God that my daughter is such a happy, content little girl. I know that the fact that we love her to pieces and meet all of her needs plays into her contentment in a big way, but I pray that she remains happy and content because of her relationship with the Lord. Her world is an ever-expanding place full of things to discover, and she loves to "discover" (mostly with her mouth). It's not a perfect picture in terms of lighting or framing or anything else, but it speaks volumes to me.