.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Broken Chains

5.09.2005

Come Just As You Are

I had every intention of posting a really good entry this afternoon when I got home from babysitting, but found that I am so tired and down that there's no hope for a good entry. I know I've been a bad blogger (not that SO many people read this anyway as to be disappointed by my disappearance), and I really don't have much of an excuse, except to say that reading others' blogs is far more interesting at this point in time than writing for my own.

Anyway. Yes, I am tired. It hit me just as the two toddlers I was babysitting got up from their naps and as I was feeding the baby. I guess a day full of trying to make three wilfull children mind caught up with me...I couldn't even get too excited when one of them threw a Barbie at a vase of flowers.

After their mother came home, I hit the grocery store for a few things, then drove home. As I sat in the parking lot contemplating the four flights of stairs, I prayed that God would give me the grace and strength and discipline to do those things I need to do tonight, regardless of my mood and physical condition. I didn't ask for Him to take away the tiredness or the bad mood--only the grace to be obedient despite them. Just then, a song came on the radio that began, "Come just as you are...". Our Lord takes such delight in His children when they come to Him dirty and lonely and sad and tired, knowing that He loves them and will take care of them.

It was perfect timing. I needed to sit right there in the Jeep and hear that song. Other lyrics included "He gives strength for the day". He does and He will. He likes to hear us ask for grace and strength, and is pleased when His children are so dependent on Him that they take nothing--even normal energy and good cheer--for granted. And He takes pleasure in reminding us of His mercy.

God is so good.

1 Comments:

  • And so you fulfilled your intentions to write a "really good entry" that afternoon.

    God IS good -- thanks for sharing!

    (AND SEE YOU SOON!!!!!)

    By Blogger Molly, at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home