.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Broken Chains

5.03.2005

If I Were...

Goodnight Moon tagged me to play "If I were."

So, here's the scoop on how to play: I pick 5 occupations out of the list below and post my answers. Then I tag 3 other people to post their answers on their blog. If I tag you, and you don't want to be a part of this, then that is okay. Just let me know and I'll tag someone else. Make sure you note who tagged you!

The "questions": If I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an inn-keeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be an astronaut...If I could be a world famous blogger...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

If I could be a musician, I’d be either a jazz musician (saxophone) or a concert pianist. Opposite ends of the spectrum, in a way. I love jazz for its unpredictability, its color, and the way it makes me feel happy. I love the piano because it’s an instrument I can actually play, although not nearly as well as any concert pianist. To be able to memorize all those notes….

If I could be a chef, I’d probably mess up every recipe at least a few times before I got it right. When I started helping my mom in the kitchen, I made cornbread probably 8 times before I finally made it with EVERY necessary ingredient. I’m a little absent-minded.

If I could be lawyer, I’d never be able to defend someone that I knew was guilty…at least not with any success.

If I could be a scientist, I’d be a forensic scientist…my fascination with forensics goes way back before CSI. In high school, I went twice to the police station with different classes to see their labs and try my hand at fingerprinting. I even gave a fingerprinting demonstration for one of my Speech class assignments…complete with fingerprint powder I’d made myself. Alas…my science and chemistry grades fell far short of my enthusiasm.

If I could be a bonnie pirate, I’d definitely do the whole eye-patch and parrot thing…although I’d try to stay away from the peg leg.


I second what Goodnight Moon said about friends being “internet retarded”…so I’m afraid that this branch of the chain is going to end with me tagging only my lovely sister and her cat: Fiona, you’re it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home