.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Broken Chains

11.03.2005

Pregnancy Update: 28w5d

I am currently nursing a sick husband by sitting next to him in bed while getting a few things done on my computer, so I thought it would be a good time to finally update my blog. And post pictures!

It's hard to say where the time has gone and what I've been doing during it...but I'm now in my third trimester, and so far haven't felt many of the effects of it. But it's still early. I have been having contractions (only Braxton-Hicks, so no worries), and this baby has decided it's time to start flipping and jumping in earnest. I can feel feet and hands pressing outward, and can even press on them so that they will move. WEIRD, I tell you. I'm not particularly comfortable right now; I get a lot of pain after I eat, theoretically because there's just not enough room for a lot of food and the baby at the same time. I'm also rather ungraceful and feel like an ungainly elephant; it's hard to get up out of bed or even a chair! I've gained a total of 15 lbs, with more to come, apparently. I start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now instead of every 4, and have been referred to an obstetrician. We're on the homestretch!

The nursery, however, is NOT on the homestretch...I still have to finish cleaning the crib, buy a mattress, paint the walls, wallpaper, paint the dresser and wash all the clothes/blankets I've gotten at yard sales. I'm hoping the "nesting instinct" will kick in soon and motivate me to get things done.

Emotionally...Neil and I are both getting more excited about finally seeing our baby. I'm not as nervous about labor/delivery as I thought I would be...although, again, it's still early. As a friend said to me..."I can deal with 24 or even 48 hours of labor. What's 2 days compared to 9 months of pregnancy??!!" I tend to agree with her...

Image uploading on Blogger isn't too fast today, so I suppose I'll post a pic in a separate post. What you see below is me and baby at 6 months, on October 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home